Saturday, February 19, 2011

Preditors and Publishing

Well, we all learn a lesson here and there. Sometimes we learn them by accident and if you really learn from it, then it is a true lesson. Case in point, there are a lot of what is referred to as "Preditors" in the world of publishing. A combination of the word predator and editor, it is a slick reference to the things some of these less reputable publishers will do. Case in point, last week I got a letter in the mail from a publishing house stating they would love to publish my book and had found it registered in the Library of Congress. Well, first off they added by publisher's last name as mine, bad omen. Secondly, I looked them up on the internet and they are listed as a "run away fast" company if you get a letter from them. I just about pee'd my pants I was laughing so hard. So just remember boys and ghouls, if it sounds too good to be true, there just might be a zombie around the corner waiting to eat you, steal the rights to your book, and make you feel like the living dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment