Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living Horror

So there is horror in everyday living, we see it on the news everyday, bombarded with images of war, starving children, the atrocities and indecency of man...It has been an interesting few days for me to say the least. I have been lied to, backstabbed, and then told that it never happened. It was all a figment of my imagination and I over-reacted. I had to think about that for awhile. Was it all some horrible dream, and then I realized, it was as real as real could be. I was the only one who couldn't see the signs this was coming. This is what happens when you extend yourself, are open and caring...people take advantage of you. And you get crushed like a grape beneath the giant foot of life. That's the horror of everyday living...who should I trust? who should I let in? should I even bother to try anymore? Is it even worth it to try to be caring and understanding after someone blatantly lies to you and acts like it never happened? In the grand scheme of things, I guess the real horror is what you subject yourself to and not what others have done to you, afterall, I allowed it to happen, so in the end there is no one to blame but myself. Was this a lesson learned? Will it happen again? You can bet not. I only need one slap in the face to get the message, and this one came through loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment