Friday, July 19, 2013

A new creative venture

So, like many writers, I am always checking out any avenue possible, wondering what's around the next turn, and how am I going to make myself stand out?

I do what many other writers do. I have a blog. I have a webpage. I have a Facebook page. I do Twitter. Does it make a rat's ass difference in sales? Sometimes, you really have to wonder.

Recently I placed two books with a small, non-traditional publishing company GMTA. I have great hopes with the marketing programs they have in place, I will see sales of my best seller the Mirror grow in great leaps and bounds. They, however, will be not be in the paperback business after the first of the year, so that will be left up to me on my end. A lot of publishing companies are going this route since everyone seems to think the paperback and the hardback book are about to become things of the past....HMM...I don't think so.

There are too many of us, me included, who just aren't wild about electronic books. You cannot put it on your bookshelf, or have it laying on your desk at work. It is not your nighttime companion taking up the last corner of space on your nightstand. I like really turning a page, but sometimes you have to concede. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. So, hopefully, if and when this new Dark Romance I am writing comes to an end, it will find a home in a publishing house that does ebooks and promotions with paperbacks to follow once you hit a certain amount in sales. Is the new trend? It just might be, but for now, I am happy with a paperback!

No comments:

Post a Comment